Many people in Houston believe that the process of repairing or replacing a cracked windshield is inconvenient. Despite what you may have heard, Houston mobile windshield repair is the most convenient ways to address damaged auto glass. Unlike traditional body shops, a mobile unit comes to your home, place of business, school or convenient parking lot. Here are a six other benefits to using a Houston mobile windshield repair company.
- Mobile repair companies offer the same quality work as an in-house repair business. Trained technicians can quickly and easily handle your auto glass problem with little evidence that they were there. Repaired windshields will show no signs of a crack or chip. New windshields can be installed without even unlocking a door.
- Mobile repair companies are fast! There is no need to take a day off of work to handle a windshield repair or replacement when you call a mobile repair company. Simply give them your location, and most mobile windshield repair companies will be there the same day or within 24 hours.
- Your windshield protects you from bug splatter, bird waste and wind, among other things. A large crack or chip can mildly affect vehicle’s aerodynamics and, ultimately, gas mileage. You should not put off repairing or replacing a damaged windshield. Many chips caused by small debris can worsen during bumpy car rides, bad weather or while going through the car wash. Other chips never worsen, but why take a chance? Simply repairing the chip for a nominal fee may save you from a larger repair down the road. Small chips and cracks also compromise the structural integrity of the glass and the safety of your vehicle. The next bit of debris to hit your damaged windshield may cause a sudden, dramatic crack and cause a safety hazard.
- Houston mobile windshield repair and replacement companies can advise you as to whether or not replacement is necessary. Many people believe that a chip can be repaired, but a crack cannot be repaired. It all depends on the severity of the chip or crack. Small cracks can, indeed, be repaired. Some cracks are simply too large to be repaired. A reputable mobile Houston auto glass repair and replacement company can advise the vehicle owner upon arrival.
- Houston mobile windshield repair companies offer competitive estimates compared to in-house repair companies. Many times, the customer pays nothing out of pocket. While it depends on your insurance policy, windshield repair and replacement falls under comprehensive coverage. Sometimes, there is a very small deductible that is considerably less than the cost of replacing a windshield.
- Mobile repair companies offer just as many options for replacement windshields. There are three types of windshield glass on the market. For instance, some car leasing companies may request that broken windshields be replaced with Dealer Glass or Original Equipment Manufacturer Glass (OEM). These windshields are certified manufacturer parts. Many classic car owners also prefer Dealer or Original Equipment Manufacturer Glass. Aftermarket Glass refers to auto windshields that are made to exact specifications and have a similar thickness and safety standards as Dealer Glass and Original Equipment Manufacturer Glass, but they are significantly less expensive. Mobile repair companies can provide any of the types; but if you have a preference, you may want to let the auto glass company know when you call.
Houston mobile windshield repair and replacement is ideal for busy Texans who are on the go since the auto glass company is willing to travel to wherever your car is parked. Avoid the hassle of in-house service companies and call a Houston windshield repair company for an estimate. The only information required is the year, make and model of your vehicle and your location. Mobile repair companies make windshield repairs and replacements simple and convenient.